David A. White
Mr. White has extensive trial experience in defense of civil litigation and as a former Assistant District Attorney for the Essex County District Attorney's Office under District Attorney Kevin M. Burke. He has tried over one hundred cases to conclusion. In 1992, Mr. White co-founded his own law firm. In 1995, he co-founded and became a partner in the law firm of Davis & White, LLC located in Boston, MA. In 1998, the addition of a partner resulted in the name change of the law firm to Davis, White & Sullivan, LLC. Davis & White, LLC subsequently relocated its primary office to North Andover, MA in 2008.
Mr. White concentrates his practice in the areas of the defense of products liability, premises liability, general liability and wrongful death. Mr. White has worked in defense of football helmet and other sporting goods product litigation on behalf of Schutt Sports, based in Litchfield, Illinois, for the past twenty-two years. He also represents national retailers including Dick's Sporting Goods, Inc., J.C. Penney Corporation, Inc., Dollar General and others in defense of civil litigation.
Mr. White holds the highest “AV” rating from Martindale-Hubbell, has been recognized as one of Boston’s Top Rated Lawyers, and as a Super Lawyer in 2019 and 2020.
Managing Principal - Davis & White, LLC, 1995-1998; 2008-Present.
Managing Principal - Davis, White & Sullivan, LLC 1998-2008.
Principal - White & White, P.C., 1992-1995.
Assistant District Attorney - Essex County, 1990-1991.
Assistant Counsel - The Medical Center of Central Massachusetts, 1989-1990.
Law Clerk - Rhode Island Supreme Court, Law Clerk Pool, 1988.
Law Clerk - Office of the General Counsel, Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, 1985-1987.
Law Clerk - Office of the Attorney General, Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Government Bureau, Summer, 1986.
University of Massachusetts, Amherst, B.A., Cum Laude, 1984.
The National Law Center, George Washington University, J.D., 1987.
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 1988.
- State of Rhode Island, 1988.
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts, 1992.
- States of Admission Pro Hac Vice: Alabama, California, Hawaii, Illinois, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, New Hampshire, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia.
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance (CLM).
- National Retail and Restaurant Defense Association (NRRDA).
- Massachusetts Bar Association.
- Rhode Island Bar Association.
- Past Member - Board of Directors (Player Agent) - North Andover Booster Club Little League (2005-2011).
- Past Member - Board of Information Center for Individuals with Disabilities.
- Past Member - Board of Creative Living, Inc. - subsidized living for individuals with disabilities.